Oracle® Database 11g error code IMP-00078
- IMP-00078: Cannot translate FILE locator to "[string]" "[string]" in server character set
- Cause: (1) The current export dump file was generated using Beta-2 of Oracle8.0 AND (2) there was a File that appeared as an an attribute of an ADT within a table''s column AND (3) the character set of the export server''s database was different than the character set of the import server''s database AND (4) when the filename or the aliasname of the File increased in size when it was translated to the character set of the import server. When all of these conditions are true, translation of the strings could yield corruption of the data in the column. Rather than proceeding with the translation, import will leave the character strings in the File in the old character set.
- Action: After import completes, rename the directory aliases and external filenames to match the real names used for the target database.
- Discussions and Solutions for IMP-00078
IMP-00078: Cannot translate FILE locator to "[string]" "[string]" in server character set
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error IMP-00078
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle