Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-01248
- ORA-01248: file [string] was created in the future of incomplete recovery
- Cause: Attempting to do a RESETLOGS open with a file entry in the control file that was originally created after the UNTIL time of the incomplete recovery. Allowing such an entry may hide the version of the file that is needed at this time. The file number may be in use for a different file which would be lost if the RESETLOGS was allowed.
- Action: If more recovery is desired then apply redo until the creation time of the file is reached. If the file is not wanted and the same file number is not in use at the stop time of the recovery, then the file can be taken offline with the FOR DROP option. Otherwise a different control file is needed to allow the RESETLOGS. Another backup can be restored and recovered, or a control file can be created via CREATE CONTROLFILE.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-01248
ORA-01248: file [string] was created in the future of incomplete recovery
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-01248
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle