Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-01516
- ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile, or tempfile "[string]"
- Cause: An attempt was made to use ALTER DATABASE to rename a log file, datafile, or tempfile; or to change attributes of a datafile or tempfile (e.g., resize, autoextend, online/offline, etc.); or to re-create a datafile. The attempt failed because the specified file is not known to the database''s control file or is not of a type supported by the request.
- Action: Specify the name or number of an existing file of the correct type, as appropriate. Check the relevant V$ table for a list of possible files.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-01516
ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile, or tempfile "[string]"
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-01516
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle