Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-01792
- ORA-01792: maximum number of columns in a table or view is 1000
- Cause: An attempt was made to create a table or view with more than 1000 columns, or to add more columns to a table or view which pushes it over the maximum allowable limit of 1000. Note that unused columns in the table are counted toward the 1000 column limit.
- Action: If the error is a result of a CREATE command, then reduce the number of columns in the command and resubmit. If the error is a result of an ALTER TABLE command, then there are two options: 1) If the table contained unused columns, remove them by executing ALTER TABLE DROP UNUSED COLUMNS before adding new columns; 2) Reduce the number of columns in the command and resubmit.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-01792
ORA-01792: maximum number of columns in a table or view is 1000
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-01792
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle