Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-19648
- ORA-19648: datafile [string]: incremental-start SCN equals checkpoint SCN
- Cause: The incremental-start SCN which was specified when starting an incremental datafile backup is equal to the datafile''s checkpoint SCN. Since an incremental backup can only be applied to a datafile whose checkpoint SCN is between the backup set incremental-start SCN (inclusive) and the backup set checkpoint SCN (exclusive), there is no datafile that this backup set could ever be applied to.
- Action: Specify a smaller incremental-start SCN. NOTE that this message will usually only be encountered by the user while taking an incremental backup with Recovery Manager. Recovery Manager should intercept all usual cases of this error and simply ignore the incremental backup for this file. So, if you do encounter this error, please report it to Oracle Support.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-19648
ORA-19648: datafile [string]: incremental-start SCN equals checkpoint SCN
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-19648
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle