Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-19914
- ORA-19914: unable to encrypt backup
- Cause: RMAN could not create an encrypted backup. This message will be accompanied by other messages that give more details about why the encrypted backup could not be created. The most common reason for this message is that you are trying to create a backup that can be transparently decrypted, and the database external security device is not open.
- Action: If the external security device is not open, then open it. If the external security device is not configured, then the only type of encrypted backup that you can create is a password-based backup.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-19914
ORA-19914: unable to encrypt backup
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-19914
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle