Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-22281
- ORA-22281: cannot perform operation with an updated locator
- Cause: The input locator has buffering enabled and was used to update the LOB value through the LOB buffering subsystem. The modified buffer has not been flushed since the write that was performed by the the input locator; thus, the input locator is considered an updated locator. Updated locators cannot be the source of a copy operation. Only one locator per LOB may be used to modify the LOB value through the LOB buffering subsystem.
- Action: Depending on whether the modifications made through the input locator to the LOB buffering subsystem should be written to the server, either flush the buffer to write the modifications, or, disable buffering on the locator to discard the modifications. Then, reissue the command.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-22281
ORA-22281: cannot perform operation with an updated locator
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-22281
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle