Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-22927
- ORA-22927: invalid LOB locator specified
- Cause: There are several causes: (1) the LOB locator was never initialized; (2) the locator is for a BFILE and the routine expects a BLOB/CLOB/NCLOB locator; (3) the locator is for a BLOB/CLOB/NCLOB and the routine expects a BFILE locator; (4) trying to update the LOB in a trigger body -- LOBs in trigger bodies are read only.
- Action: For (1), initialize the LOB locator by selecting into the locator variable or by setting the LOB locator to empty. For (2) and (3), pass the correct type of locator into the routine. For (4), remove the trigger body code that updates the LOB value.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-22927
ORA-22927: invalid LOB locator specified
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-22927
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle