Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-36260
- ORA-36260: (XSAGHIERPART00) Aggregating from partition %J to partition %J over hierarchy workspace object creates an increase in sparsity.
- Cause: In the partition creation / aggmap creation a situation developed such that when aggregating over a particular dimension of the aggmap a partition boundary was crossed such that the sparsity of the target partition included dimensions that were not in the sparsity of the source partition. Since the process of aggregation always densifies rather than sparsifying this is an extremely suboptimal design and it is not supported by the aggregate system.
- Action: Set up your partitioning such that for any partition boundary the source and target partitions of the aggregation will always move towards denser partitions. For any child (c) and any parent (p) where (c) and (p) are in different partitions it must be the case that the parent partition contains no dimension in the composite that the child partition does not contain in its composite.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-36260
ORA-36260: (XSAGHIERPART00) Aggregating from partition %J to partition %J over hierarchy workspace object creates an increase in sparsity.
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-36260
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle