Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-38771
- ORA-38771: unnamed datafile(s) added to control file by flashback recovery
- Cause: The recovery step of FLASHBACK DATABASE encountered the creation of a datafile that could not be added to the control file. An entry has been added to the control file for the new datafile, but with the file name UNNAMEDnnnn, where nnnn is the file number. Related error messages provide the file names that were originally used to create the files.
- Action: Rename the file in the control file, or use the ALTER ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE command to create a file suitable for recovery. If the file is not going to be recovered, then take it offline with the FOR DROP option. The recovery step of Flashback can be resumed by entering a RECOVERY command with the same SCN or timestamp as used in the FLASHBACK DATABASE command. For example, RECOVER AUTOMTAIC DATABASE UNTIL CHANGE .
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-38771
ORA-38771: unnamed datafile(s) added to control file by flashback recovery
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-38771
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle