Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-38793
- ORA-38793: cannot FLASHBACK the database to a future SCN/time
- Cause: The Flashback Database target SCN/timestamp is greater than the current database SCN/timestamp and the database incarnation is not the last opened incarnation.
- Action: If the target SCN/timestamp is in the current incarnation or a child incarnation whose branch point is after the current database SCN then RECOVER DATABASE to the target SCN/time. If the target SCN/timestamp is in a child incarnation whose branch point is prior to the current database SCN then FLASHBACK DATABASE to before the branch point. Next use RMAN to reset the database to the child incarnation. Finally, RECOVER DATABASE to the target SCN/time.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-38793
ORA-38793: cannot FLASHBACK the database to a future SCN/time
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-38793
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle