Oracle® Database 11g error code ORA-39188
- ORA-39188: unable to encrypt dump file set
- Cause: Data Pump could not create an encrypted dump file set. This message will be accompanied by other messages that give more details about why the encrypted dump file set could not be created. The most common reason for this message is that you are trying to create a dump file set that can be transparently decrypted, and the database external security device is not open.
- Action: If the external security device is not open, then open it. If the external security device is not configured, then the only type of encrypted dump file set that you can create is a password-based dump file set.
- Discussions and Solutions for ORA-39188
ORA-39188: unable to encrypt dump file set
- Tips to resolve Oracle® Database error ORA-39188
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners
Oracle: Registered trademark of Oracle